Whalen Family

Whalen Family
A Picture of a Miracle Designed by God

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Gratitude

Today I have Gratitude. My heart is so sadden. Why is the cry that screams from my heart. Yet I know why, evil. Evil effects us all. I want to hide. I want to pick my kids up and go home and never leave the house and yet, I leave them at school while I finish the day at work. And that evening, we leave and go out into the big world. I don't think I'm above the evil. I do think it could happen to me. And yet it didn't yesterday. I don't think it didn't because I'm special. I'm no different or any better than the families that are devastated today. Yet I have been spared this devastation. That is why I have Gratitude.
I remember as a child seeing the pictures of the starving children in other countries with their bellies protruding and wondering why was I born in America? Why wasn't I born there? Why do I not have to go through that? I remember knowing, I wasn't any different or special than they were. I remember appreciating my riches. Gratitude.
Lately, Chris and I have been going through struggles with the economy. Yet, there have been positive things happening also. Yes answers to prayers. Jobs coming in. We are still in our home. Other families through no fault of their own are losing their homes and jobs. Even though it is a struggle, we are being spared this. Why? We are not better than those other families. This is why I have Gratitude.
Gratitude- I'm not worthy of the gift yet I am SO Thankful for it. Around Thanksgiving, I was mentally struggling with the good things that were happening to me. I was so happy for them yet felt so unworthy of them. I didn't understand why God was answering yes to some of my prayers. I was thankful, but felt so unworthy. Then I heard a talk about Gratitude and understood. 
Gratitude- I'm not worthy of the gift yet I am SO Thankful for it.
Almost daily, we pray, God bring us all home safely. Today, the Gratitude overflows in my Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment